Welcome from the Office of Internships and Career Services! We help all students plan for their futures after Wingate. Students are assigned a Career Advisor to help guide them through the career planning process, and we encourage students to visit with their Career Advisor during their first year.
The Office of Internships and Career Services provides all students and alumni with knowledge and resources to empower them to take an active role in their career planning.
Goals for Office of Internships and Career Services
- To assist students in identifying their strengths, interests, personality, and values.
- To support students in pursuing internship and job opportunities that relate to their academic preparation and career goals.
- To develop and enhance mutually beneficial relationships with employers, alumni, and other external University stakeholders.
- To collaborate with Student Life, faculty, and other internal stakeholders to provide career programming.
- To provide students with comprehensive career planning through one-on-one and group appointments.
- To encourage students to utilize relevant technological resources that support career preparation activities.
We want students to be able to manage their careers throughout their lives. We serve students and alumni by teaching them the tools that will help them to achieve their dreams. Students who are highly engaged in the process of planning for their futures will find themselves to be better prepared to take their first steps upon graduation from Wingate University.
One way we specifically encourage students to be actively engaged is to complete an internship prior to graduation. Gaining hands-on experience assists students in preparing for the workforce and in evaluating potential career options.
Here is a current list of services we offer to all students:
- Career exploration and choosing a major
- Online career assessment Focus2
- CareerGate – online internship and job database with over 2000 employer contacts (click here for directions on how to use CareerGate)
- Individual career advising
- Career-related workshops and employer presentations
- Career Resource Center with a career library
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Internship and job search strategies
- Interview preparation
- Graduate school preparation
Lori Brasile – Assistant Director of Internships and Career Services
Career Advisor to College of Arts & Sciences
firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-233-8035
Candice Sturdivant – Assistant Director of Internships and Career Services
Career Advisor to School of Sport Sciences
email@example.com or 704-233-8024
Sharon Robinson – Director of Internships and Career Services
Career Advisor to School of Business and Department of Communication
firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-233-8249
We are located on the first floor of Alumni Hall, which is conveniently near the Academic Quadrangle.
We look forward to meeting with you soon!