- Junior class standing (57 - 86 hours earned). A student who does not participate during his/her junior year forfeits eligibility. Transfer students must have completed at least one semester as a full-time student and be classified as a junior. AP/dual enrollment/proficiency credit hours (credit earned before official enrollment at Wingate University) can count in the total cumulative hours (although those hours will not count against a student if he/she wishes to count only those hours earned at Wingate after official enrollment).
- 2.3 cumulative GPA by the beginning of the semester of participation.
- All W’International students will automatically be enrolled in an international health insurance policy. As a result, a $26 charge will be added to each student’s account.
- All debts and financial encumbrances, such as tuition and board, library fines, insurance fees, parking tickets, etc., must be reconciled before commencement of the tour.
- A student must have earned a passing grade in the seminar to participate in the travel portion of the course.
During the seminar and on the trip, the student is obligated to follow instructions of the faculty director and demonstrate a high standard of character and maturity. The instructor and/or administrator have the authority to send a student back to Charlotte (at the student’s expense) if the student has failed to follow University policies or has demonstrated a lack of sufficient maturity at any point in the program. Students are always expected to stay with the group and to consider participation in all planned activities as mandatory.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. The University does not guarantee a student’s first choice.
Two academic credit hours will be awarded for successful completion of the seminar and trip.