Welcome to Wingate University Ballantyne. Our Charlotte-area campus serves working adults with four specially designed programs.
Located in the south Charlotte neighborhood of Ballantyne and just off I-485, the Wingate University – Ballantyne campus enrolls students pursuing degrees in:
- Adult bachelor degree program
- Master of Arts in Sport Management
- Master’s and doctoral degrees in education
The adult bachelor degree program offers adult students the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree in Human Services or Organizational Communication and Management. The ABD program is structured so adults can earn their undergraduate degree by completing two eight-week sessions each semester during evening classes. Classes are held in the fall, spring and summer semesters. This helps our students earn their degrees more quickly.
The graduate education program prepares students to face the challenges and succeed as leaders in the classroom and educational administration. The program offers:
- Master of Arts in Education in Elementary Education K-6 (M.A.Ed.)
- Master of Arts in Teaching in Elementary Education K-6 (M.A.T.)
- Master of Arts in Education in Educational Leadership K-12
- Doctor of School Superintendency (Ed.D. and Ed.S.)
- Doctor of Community College Executive Leadership (Ed.D. and Ed.S.)
- Add-on Licensure Program in School Administration K-12
- Add-on Licensure program for Academically and Intellectually Gifted
The graduate program in sport management offers those working in the industry a chance to learn and grow in the field of sport management. The highly competitive program includes rigorous classroom coursework and access to some of the most prestigious sport businesses in the country through internships and ELOs.
The MBA program, offered in the Porter B. Byrum School of Business, uses real-world case study and analysis plus the opportunity to develop a professional network so our students can take their careers to the next level. Hands-on problem solving and small class sizes prepare students to face the challenges of today’s competitive business world. And our unique one-semester BUS 500 class gives students with an undergraduate degree in a non-business discipline the chance to meet all their business course prerequisites.
Above all, these four programs are committed to helping our adult students earn their degrees and begin the next stage of their career with the tools necessary to succeed. We hope you’ll take the time to learn more about each program, Ballantyne itself and what Wingate University can offer you.