Wingate University MBA program offers a simple and streamlined application process to our nationally accredited, experiential-based program.
An undergraduate business degree is not required for admission to the Wingate University MBA program. However, if you majored in a field other than business, you need to satisfy specific undergraduate business prerequisite courses. Mastery of these required courses can be demonstrated by completing each course with a grade of “C” or better at another institution.
But not everyone wants to devote multiple semesters to getting their business prerequisites out of the way. That’s why we offer our unique BUS 500 course, which covers all of the required business prerequisites in just one semester.
Required undergraduate prerequisites:
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Finance
- Business Statistics
- Mathematics (College Algebra or Calculus)
Students may be accepted and begin their degree during the fall, spring or summer semester. We use a rolling admission model, so applicants are reviewed throughout the year, with admission possible up until the beginning of each semester. See our Academic Calendar page for the starting dates for each semester.
- Bachelor degree GPA
- Our review of your official transcripts for all colleges and universities you’ve attended
- Official GMAT scores or GRE scores.* We offer a free GMAT Prep Course to help candidates prepare. The Wingate University code for GMAT is 00GNM-75. Our code for GRE is 5693.
- Online application
- Current resume and professional work experience.
- Two recommendations sent directly to our program.
Please submit all application materials to the following address:
* A waiver may be possible in certain situations.
- We use a rolling admission model, so you can start in any semester.
- Individual components of your application portfolio may be sent to us separately. It isn’t necessary to submit the entire application at one time.
- The BUS 500 course is a cost-effective way to satisfy business prerequisite courses you need if you don’t have an undergraduate business degree. This course is usually only offered in the fall semester. An opportunity may exist to begin the MBA program during the preceding spring or summer prior to taking BUS 500 in the fall.
- You can help expedite your application process by sending us the “test-taker’s copy” of your GMAT or GRE score, which you receive immediately after completing the exam. The official scores typically arrive two to three weeks later.
- In certain circumstances, the requirement for taking the GMAT or GRE may be waived. Please contact us directly for more information.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, Wingate University is ready to help. Contact us if you have any questions about the admissions process to our MBA program.