The first step to a career in sport management begins with your application to the MASM program.
If you’re thinking about applying to Wingate University’s Master of Arts in Sport Management progam, you need to understand that admission is competitive. So it is vital that you apply early and submit all of your materials by the deadline. Your file must be complete before we make an admission decision.
So check it carefully and be certain you have completed everything required before you submit it.
Our Admission Requirements
To be eligible to apply for the MASM degree program you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have satisfactory scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Submit a completed online application, including the required Essay of Intent
- Provide your official scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores must come directly from the testing agency. Scores older than five (5) years are not accepted.
- Provide two recommendation forms from administrative or supervisory personnel
- Arrange to have your official transcript sent directly from your previous institution
Fall semester: July 1
Spring semester: December 1
Summer semester: April 1
Please note that the admission process for international students takes longer, due to visa restrictions and requirements. Allow an additional 1-2 months for the admission process in order to meet the application deadlines.
Please have your transcripts and recommendations sent to:
School of Sport Science
PO Box 159
Wingate, NC 28174
If you have questions about the application or admission process, please contact Mrs. Holly Griffin, Executive Assistant to the Dean, by email or calling her at 704-233-8178.