- Submit an application and $30 application fee payable to Wingate University (non-refundable).
- Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree with an undergraduate major in education or Class "A" licensure to teach in the public schools. Licensure must be appropriate for the proposed area of graduate study.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher during the last two years of undergraduate work or a 3.0 GPA or higher in the education major.
- Submit official satisfactory scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Provide two recommendations from administrative or supervisory personnel (recommendation form provided on "Forms" page).
- Submit two copies of official transcripts from all previous academic work beyond high school.
- Submit copy of teaching license(s).
Core Experiences (6 semester hours)
EDLD 532: Curriculum Decision-Making
EDLD 535: Action Research
Content-Related Experiences (31 semester hours)
EDLD 605: Developing and Demonstrating Teacher Leadership
EDLD 610: The Principalship – Part I
EDLD 615: The Principalship – Part II
EDLD 620: School Finance and Budget
EDLD 625: Technology in the 21st Century School
EDLD 630: School Law
EDLD 634: Measurement and Assessment
EDLD 640: Supervision of Instruction
EDLD 694: Internship I (Summer only)
EDLD 695: Internship II (Academic year only)
EDLD 696: Internship III (Academic year only)
Program Portfolio (0 semester hours)
EDLD 697: Program Portfolio (Pass/Fail – no credit)
Note: EDLD 697 must be submitted electronically using Task Stream and is taken at the same time as you take your final academic course. If the portfolio is not completed simultaneously or successfully with the final course, then EDLD 697 must be repeated with an administration fee of $50. This portfolio will reflect an understanding and application of the 21st century standards through a Standards-Based Project and will demonstrate the attributes of an Executive Leader.
Total: 37 semester hours