Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF)
As a result of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security, or CARES, Act, Wingate University students can apply for financial assistance through the HEERF Program. Emergency grant funds will be available to eligible Wingate students who are experiencing unexpected expenses or financial hardships related to changes in campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional information is available in the frequently asked questions below:
- Am I eligible to apply for HEERF Funding?
- What expenses can HEERF funds be used to cover?
- What are the FAFSA eligibility requirements?
- How do I apply for HEERF funding if I am an eligible student and have completed the FASFA?
- Can I apply for HEERF funding if I am an eligible student and have not completed a FASFA?
- When will Wingate begin to review HEERF applications?
- How long will it take to review my application after it has been submitted?
- How will I know if my application request has been approved?
- How will the HEERF funds be issued to me once my application is approved?