Choose Wingate University Ballantyne and benefit from:
- Convenient Location in Ballantyne Corporate Park, just off I-485 in South Charlotte. Enjoy free parking, 24-hour security, and our spacious and modern ground floor suite. Our address is: 11430 North Community House Road, Suite 150 Charlotte, NC 28277
- Practical Class Times on weekday evenings and select Saturdays year-round.
- Rolling Admission with numerous start dates throughout the year.
- Affordable Tuition is why U.S. News & World Report named Wingate University a “best value” school. Many students find assistance from their employer’s tuition reimbursement program. Financial aid options are available.
- Small Classes mean you get the individual attention you need to thrive.
Sport management is a fast-growing, increasingly competitive profession. Wingate University’s Master of Arts in Sport Management (MASM) degree gives you a competitive edge as you pursue a career in this field.
Our courses include:
- Financial Aspects of Sport
- Collegiate Athlete Development and Wellness
- Sport Marketing and Promotions
- Sport Venue and Event Management
The sport management degree program at Wingate University has received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Arlington, Virginia, USA. The sport management programs in the following degrees are accredited by COSMA: Master of Arts in Sport Management
Experiential Learning Opportunities are a key part of the curriculum. You get an insider view of organizations such as:
- Big South Conference
- Carolina Panthers
- Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Special Olympics
- South Atlantic Conference
Through hands-on learning experiences, you’ll expand your network, apply your learning and build your confidence. Just take a look at our MASM Student Achievement Data (PDF) to see what our recent graduates have done.
Our students learn from full-time faculty and sport industry professionals who understand the real-life issues and challenges the profession faces today. Our faculty bring their experience into the classroom, giving our students the insight they need to compete and thrive after they graduate.
Wingate University’s master’s program in sport management holds classes at our Ballantyne campus in south Charlotte, NC, and some classes are partially online. We work hard to provide an academic schedule that fits your life.
Candidates for the Master of Arts in Sport Management degree must complete a minimum of 36 credit hours of coursework in accordance with the prescribed course of study and maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
In addition to completing 10 core courses for 30 credit hours, students complete a Professional Program/Thesis component for 6 credit hours. Students choose to complete either an internship and project or a thesis. Both options are designed to provide specific relevance to the student’s professional interests and future career goals.
The graduate courses are taught on the Wingate University – Ballantyne campus, which is approximately 45 minutes from the Wingate, NC campus. All MASM classes are held in the evenings, Monday through Thursday.
To be eligible to apply for the MASM degree program, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Have satisfactory scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), GMAT, or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Submit a completed online application, including the required Essay of Intent
- Provide your official scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), GMAT, or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores must come directly from the testing agency. Scores older than five (5) years are not accepted.
- Provide two recommendation forms from administrative or supervisory personnel
- Arrange to have your official transcript(s) sent directly from all previously attended colleges and universities
Fall semester: July 1
Spring semester: December 1
Summer semester: April 1
Please have your transcripts and recommendations sent to:
School of Sport Sciences
PO Box 159
Wingate, NC 28174
If you have questions about the application or admission process, please contact Mrs. Holly Griffin, Executive Assistant to the Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-233-8178.
* International Students: The MASM program will become fully online in Fall 2019, so we are no longer able to accept applications from international students needing F1 visa status.
Our nationally accreditated MBA program has been advancing the careers of Charlotte, NC professionals since 1991.
The Wingate University MBA curriculum gives you a choice of five areas of concentration:
- Data analytics
- Corporate innovation
- General management
- Health care management
- Project management
Courses are available throughout the year during weekday evenings to meet the needs of adult professionals continuing their education while holding full-time corporate positions in the Charlotte area.
While a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, it’s possible to join our program if you majored in a field other than business. All you need to do is satisfy these required undergraduate prerequisites:
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Finance
- Business Statistics
- Mathematics (College Algebra or Calculus)
Mastery of these required courses can be demonstrated with a final grade of “C” or better at another institution, or you can choose to take our BUS 500 course, which allows non-business majors to meet their undergraduate pre-requisites within one semester.
We use a rolling admission model, so applicants are reviewed and accepted throughout the year, with admission possible up until the beginning of each semester. Students may begin the MBA program during the fall, spring or summer semester.
Your application to our MBA program in Charlotte is evaluated for:
- Bachelor’s degree and GPA. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Our review of your official transcripts from all colleges and universities you’ve attended.
- Official GMAT scores or GRE scores. We offer a free GMAT Prep Course to help candidates prepare. GMAT or GRE waiver may be considered in certain situations.
- Online application.
- Current resume and professional work experience.
Please submit all application materials to our south Charlotte campus address:
Wingate University MBA Program
11430 North Community House Road, Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28277