International Student Services
We understand what it’s like to live far from home. The Office of International Programs prioritizes helping you make the most of your study in the United States. From your arrival and beyond, our goal is to assist you and remind you about maintaining your F1 student visa status. Come visit us in the International House soon!
The Office of International Programs assists students with the following:
- Orientation just for international students
- Maintaining F1 visa status
- Obtaining work authorization
- Applying for a Social Security number
- Getting a North Carolina driver’s license
- Processing immigration documents and requests
- Signing your I-20 to travel outside the United States
- Cultural adjustment advice
- Transferring in or out of Wingate University
- Specialized information about your U.S. taxes for non-residents
Current students should take advantage of the International Student Guide for more detailed information. Not a current student but ready to apply? Please visit International Admissions for more information.