Wingate University Charlotte - MAC Program
ABOUT MASTER OF ACCOUNTING
Wingate University’s Master of Accounting (MAC) Program is conveniently located at Wingate’s Ballantyne Campus in the heart of south Charlotte in the Ballantyne Corporate Park. The MAC Program has been serving Charlotte area professionals since 2010.
Part-time (two years) and full-time (one-year) course tracks are available, with classes held during weekday evenings (Monday-Thursday) that commence each Fall (August), Spring (January), and Summer (May) and combine superior academic quality with affordable tuition.
CUSTOMIZED DELIVERY – IN-PERSON, ONLINE OR BOTH
The Wingate MAC Program is customized based on student preference with course delivery options including online, in-person and/or a combination of both.
Most MAC classes “originate” from the Wingate Ballantyne Campus starting at 6 p.m. on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night. Each MAC class meets once per week during the Fall and Spring semesters. Summer classes are delivered primarily via remote delivery. All classes are taught “live” by the instructor from the classroom with students present while being simultaneously broadcast live via Zoom/Canvas to students who are not physically present in the classroom.
Students may move in and out of the different delivery modes from class meeting to class meeting as best fits their needs. For example, a student may take part in a Wednesday night class in-person one night, and then take part in the same class the following Wednesday night online. Students do not have to choose a particular delivery mode in advance, students may customize their MAC experience based on the delivery mode that best suits them from day to day.
This combination model of course delivery provides the best of both worlds, by offering flexibility without compromising quality.
Please note, when Wingate University operates under normal conditions, F1 visa international students are required to follow the in-person class requirements to maintain their student visa status. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
LEARN NOW, PAY LATER
For students who receive assistance through their company’s tuition reimbursement program, tuition payments are deferred until the end of each semester, which can save out-of-pocket expenses.
Payment plans and financial aid/federal student loan programs are also available. Contact Brittani Evans in the Student Financial Planning Office at (704) 233-6473 or email@example.com.
One of the best values in MAC programs in Charlotte
Our MAC curriculum is taught by accounting faculty who combine academic and practitioner-oriented experience. In order to ensure adequate preparation for financial professionals, the curriculum:
- Consists of 30 credit hours which includes ten three-credit courses
- Eight of the ten courses are delivered face-to-face or live-online based on student choice; two classes are totally remote
- Fulfills the 150 credit hour requirement and prepares students to sit for the CPA exam
- A real-world curriculum taught by accounting faculty who combine an academic and practitioner oriented experience
The Master of Accounting degree at Wingate University Ballantyne is offered as both a two-year or a one-year program:
- Students may start the program during any semester, with classes that commence each Fall (August), Spring (January), and Summer (May)
- Classes are offered during weekday evenings beginning at 6:00 p.m. during the Fall and Spring; Summer is all remote
- The part-time sequence includes two classes in the Fall and Spring semesters (two nights per week), one or two classes in the Summer (all remote), and is completed in under two years
- The full-time sequence includes four classes in the Fall and Spring semesters (four nights per week), one or two classes in the Summer (all remote), and is completed in just one year
While a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, it is possible to join our Wingate University MAC Program if you majored in a field other than business. All you need to do is satisfy these required undergraduate prerequisites:
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Federal Income Tax Accounting
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Finance
- Business Statistics
- Mathematics (College Algebra or Calculus)
These prerequisites may be satisfied based on a final grade of a “C” or better in each course from your undergraduate institution. As an accounting major, all of the prerequisites should be satisfied. If you have not yet completed any of these prerequisite courses, please let us know and we can assist in providing with you various options to fulfill these requirements.
Our Charlotte MAC Program accepts applications on a rolling basis for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters, so applicants are reviewed and accepted throughout the year, with admission possible up until the beginning of the Fall (August) and Spring (January), and Summer (May) semesters.
Your application to our MAC Program in Charlotte is evaluated for:
- Bachelor’s degree and GPA. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Our review of your official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Unofficial versions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded through our application portal; Official versions should be sent from your university directly to “Wingate Graduate programs” or may be emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Official GMAT scores. Our MAC institutional code is 00G-NM-92. A GMAT waiver may be considered in certain situations, contact us for details. Unofficial versions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded through our application portal.
- Online application (see the link to the application below)
- Current resume and professional work experience (may be emailed to email@example.com or via our application portal)
- There is no application fee.
Please submit all application materials via any of the following options:
If you would like to set up a call or meeting to learn more about the MAC Program, please feel free to contact Mark Bryant, Assistant Dean for Graduate Business Programs (704-233-6003, firstname.lastname@example.org).
YOUR TITLE IX COORDINATOR
In accordance with federal regulations, we’ve dedicated a Title IX Coordinator responsible for the administration and implementation of Wingate University’s Title IX compliance efforts. If you have Title IX questions, complaints or concerns, please contact:
Title IX Coordinator:
Nancy Horak Randall
Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be referred to the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights (OCR). The OCR ensures institutions receiving federal funding comply with Title IX regulations.
WHEN TO CONTACT YOUR TITLE IX COORDINATOR
If you feel you’ve been the victim of sexual harassment, misconduct, assault or violence or sex discrimination, we encourage you to reach out. That goes for students, faculty, staff, visitors and applicants for admission or employment. Federal and state laws prohibit retaliation against individuals who file a complaint in good faith or participate in an investigation involving an alleged Title IX violation.
Wingate University Charlotte
The Gibson Building
11430 North Community House Road, Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28277
MAC Credit Hour
Three Credit Hour MAC Course
Ten MAC Courses
*Other than textbooks, there are no additional fees or costs for the MAC program."
Wingate's MAC GMAT code: OOGNM-92
The Porter B. Byrum School of Business is ranked #2 out of 27 in NC, and #45 out of 711 nationally (top 10%), in College Factual's "Best for the Money" category
The Porter B. Byrum School of Business is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is the leading accreditation association for business education for institutions with a focus on teaching excellence. ACBSP accreditation assures students of a commitment to overall quality, academic rigor and continuous improvement in business education.