ONLINE, IN-PERSON OR BOTH
CUSTOMIZED “LIVE CLASS” COURSE DELIVERY
The Wingate MBA is customized based on student preference with course delivery options including live-online delivery, in-person delivery, and/or a combination of both. This allows you to consume your classes at the place of your choice: home, office or campus - it’s up to you.
Most MBA classes originate from the Wingate Ballantyne Campus starting at 6 p.m. on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night, with most students taking classes one or two nights per week. Each MBA class meets once per week during the Fall and Spring semesters, and twice per week during our two accelerated Summer Sessions. A typical course load is one or two courses per semester.
All classes are taught “live” by the instructor from the classroom with students present while being simultaneously broadcast live via Zoom/Canvas to students who are not physically present in the classroom. Students will have the option to take classes via 100% live-online/remote delivery; or they may elect to attend classes in person at the Ballantyne Campus; or they may take a combination of both. In either case, whether you consume a course remotely or in-person, our program delivers a live class experience.
Students may move in and out of the different delivery modes from class meeting to class meeting as best fits their needs. For example, a student may take part in a Wednesday night class in-person one night, and then take part in the same class the following Wednesday night via online/remote delivery. Students do not have to choose a particular delivery mode in advance--students may customize their MBA experience based on the delivery mode that best suits them from day to day.
The choice of live-online and/or in-person delivery provides a best of both worlds customized format for the Wingate MBA Program and provides maximum flexibility and convenience for students. Whether live-online or in-person, the Wingate MBA is up close and personal with typical class sizes of around 20 students, where you will develop a professional network with relationships for life.
Please note, when Wingate University operates under normal conditions, F1 visa international students are required to follow the in-person class requirements to maintain their student visa status. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Wingate's GMAT code: OOGNM-57
Wingate's GRE code: 5963
MBA Credit Hour - $700
Three-Credit Hour MBA Course - $2,100
Twelve MBA Courses - $25,200
BUS 500 Course (if needed) - $3,900
*Other than textbooks, there are no additional fees or costs for the MBA program.
AFFORDABLE TUITION - LEARN NOW, PAY LATER
The Wingate MBA is very affordable with a total cost of just over $25,000 if you don’t need the business prerequisites, and just over $29,000 if you need the business prerequisite, that’s total cost, not per year.
Tuition is $700 per credit hour or $2,100 per course (12 courses x $2,100 = $25,200). The Business 500 prerequisites course is $975 per module (there are four modules, which can be taken individually) which is $3,900 for all four modules ($975 x 4 = $3,900). Other than textbooks, there are no other fees or costs for the program.
For students who receive assistance through their company’s tuition reimbursement program, tuition payments are deferred until after completion of each semester, which can save out-of-pocket expenses. For those paying for tuition out of pocket, monthly payment plans are available, as well as the federal student loan program. Please contact us for details.
Students may apply for and enroll during any of our semesters during the year.
- Spring 2023 – Starts the week of January 17, 2023
- Summer Session I 2023 – Starts in mid-May 2023
- Summer Session II 2023 – Starts in early July 2023
- Fall 2023 – Starts in mid-August 2023
Through the Wingate MBA Program I have gained both quantitative and soft skills, as well as learned best practices that are applicable to both business and my personal life. I appreciate the convenience and flexibility Wingate offers to afford full-time employees the opportunity to expand their horizons, think differently, and earn a rewarding degree in a challenging but engaging environment.Apryl Silva, Brighthouse Financial
Our Charlotte MBA program uses a rolling admission model, so applicants are reviewed and accepted throughout the year, with admission possible up until the beginning of each semester. Once your admission portfolio is complete, we typically turn around an admissions decision within one week or less. Admission to our MBA program in Charlotte is based on a balanced evaluation of your admissions portfolio including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and GPA. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Review of your official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Unofficial versions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded through our application portal; Official versions should be sent from your university directly to “Wingate University” or may be emailed directly from your university to email@example.com.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores. The GMAT number for the Wingate MBA program is: OOG-NM-57. Information about the GMAT can be found at www.mba.com. The code for the Wingate MBA for the GRE is 5963. Information about the GRE can be found at www.ets.org/gre. Unofficial versions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded through our application portal. The GMAT or GRE may be waived in certain situations. Please contact us for details.
- Online application. Please see the link to the application below.
- Current resume and professional work experience. Resume may be emailed to email@example.com or via our application portal.
- There is no application fee.
Please submit all application materials via any of the following options:
- Via email to Dori Grassau at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Via our application portal through our online application noted below;
- Via Mail to our South Charlotte Ballantyne Campus address:
Wingate University Ballantyne - MBA Program
1430 North Community House Road, Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28277
While a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, it’s possible to join our program if you majored in a field other than business. All you need to do is satisfy these required undergraduate prerequisites:
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Finance
- Business Statistics
- Mathematics (College Algebra or Calculus)
Mastery of these required courses can be demonstrated with a final grade of “C” or better at another institution, or you can choose to take our BUS 500 course, which allows non-business majors to meet their undergraduate pre-requisites within one semester.
The Wingate MBA Program features a wide ranging curriculum and small class size that allow students to collaborate and engage with faculty. The program has helped improve my business acumen and I am now well positioned for a managerial role.Nehemiah Jackson, Shutterfly, Inc.
On a scale of one to ten, this program is a definite ten. The specially oriented Business 500 prerequisites course for non-business majors gave me a head start like no other MBA program in the area, and I looked at them all.April Bowen, Compass One Healthcare
Learn Now, Pay Later
Get going with your career by starting coursework now and paying later.
Support to Succeed
We are invested in your success. The MBA program is committed to seeing you through this journey, from your first class to your first job. We have a variety of services to aid in your continued success. Wingate wants to see you make a difference in your community, and we're here for you all the way.
- Mock interviews
- Aptitude testing
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Career goal making and strategy
- Industry networking
- Jobs and internship boards
Wingate University Charlotte
The Gibson Building
11430 North Community House Road, Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28277