Master of Public Health Degree Program
Launching Fall 2021
What to expect
The key to Wingate’s Master of Public Health degree program is flexibility. The program will meet your unique needs by being offered online and including self-driven modules. The program will be as flexible as the degree itself – preparing you for the many career opportunities available to public health professionals.
Coursework will include:
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Data management
- Health policy and financing
Classes will be taught by faculty from the public health program, as well as from Wingate’s other graduate health science degree programs, and generally takes 2 years of full-time coursework to complete. The program will meet criteria established by the Council on Education for Public Health.
Who can apply
Wingate’s Master of Public Health program will officially enroll students for the fall of 2021. The
program is open to students from a variety of academic backgrounds:
- Students who have earned an undergraduate degree and are seeking a Master’s degree
- Current Wingate undergraduate students working towards the 4+1 combined Bachelor and Master of public health degrees
- Students currently enrolled in one of Wingate’s graduate health science programs – pharmacy, physical therapy, physician’s assistant, and occupational therapy
One of the unique things with the master's of public health being offered by Wingate is the opportunity for a dual degree with our graduate health professions. For example, we anticipate many students from the physician assistant program, pharmacy program, physical therapy program or occupational therapy program may be interested in obtaining a dual degree in their profession and also in public health. And so having those dual degrees would make them that much more competitive within the workforce.
-Suzie Wolf, MS PAS, PA-C, Assistant Professor
- Research scientists
- Public health clinicians (e.g., pharmacist, nurse, physical therapist, physician assistant)
- Public policymakers
- Health Services Directors
- Health educators
- Program managers