Wingate University has submitted a request for approval to offer the Master of Public Health (MPH) program from its institutional accreditor, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and plans to apply for program accreditation from the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). The MPH program expects to enroll its first class in Fall 2021, pending approval by the SACSCOC.
Candidates for the Master of Public Health degree must complete 42 credit hours in accordance with the prescribed course of study and maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
MPH ONLINE offers one concentration at this time, Health Education and Promotion.
To be eligible for admission to the MPH degree program, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA indicative of success in graduate school, generally 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- GRE scores indicative of success in graduate school (currently waived due to COVID-19)
- Submit a completed online application, including the required Essay of Intent/Personal Statement, CV/Resume, and two recommendation forms from academic and/ or professional references.
- Arrange to have your official transcript(s) sent directly from all previously attended colleges and universities
- Coursework taken at foreign institutions must be evaluated for U.S. institution equivalence by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) organization used by Wingate University. We recommend World Education Services, Inc. & SpanTran for evaluation and University Language Services for translation.
- International students whose first language is not English should ask the TOEFL or IELTS testing agency to send us your scores.
Please have your transcripts sent to:
Levine College of Health Sciences
Attn: Suzanne Wolf
515 N Main St.
Wingate, NC 28174
* The MPH program is 100% online. F1 visa international students, per federal regulations, cannot be granted visas for online degrees. International students who are NOT seeking entry into the U.S. on an F1 student visa may apply to the MPH ONLINE program.