Master of Arts in Sport Management
Sport management is a fast-growing, increasingly competitive profession. Wingate University’s Master of Arts in Sport Management (MASM) degree gives you a competitive edge as you pursue a career in this field.
Our courses include:
- PR & Social Media in Sport
- College Athlete Development and Wellness
- Sport Marketing and Promotions
- NCAA Compliance & Administration
The sport management degree program at Wingate University has received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Arlington, Virginia, USA. The sport management program in the following degrees are accredited by COSMA: Master of Arts in Sport Management
Experiential learning opportunities are a key part of the curriculum. You get an insider view of organizations such as:
Through hands-on learning experiences, you’ll expand your network, apply your learning and build your confidence. Just take a look at our MASM Student Achievement Data (PDF) to see what our recent graduates have done.
Our students learn from full-time faculty and sport industry professionals who understand the real-life issues and challenges the profession faces today. Our faculty bring their experience to the class, giving our students the insight they need to compete and thrive after they graduate.
Wingate University’s master’s program in sport management holds classes at our Ballantyne campus in south Charlotte, NC, and some classes are partially online. We work hard to provide an academic schedule that fits your life.
NEW DEGREE REQUIREMENTS - Effective April 8
Candidates for the Master of Arts in Sport Management degree must complete a minimum of 32 credit hours of coursework in accordance with the prescribed course of study and maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
MASM ONLINE offers two specialization tracks, Sport Marketing and Athletic Administration and Compliance.
*The graduate courses are taught on the Wingate University – Ballantyne campus, which is approximately 45 minutes from the Wingate, NC campus. All MASM classes are held in the evenings, Monday through Thursday. *summer 2019 only
NEW ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS - Effective April 8
To be eligible for admission to the MASM degree program, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a GPA of 2.9 or higher
- Submit a completed online application, including the required Essay of Intent/Personal Statement
- Provide three recommendation forms from faculty or supervisory personnel
- Arrange to have your official transcript(s) sent directly from all previously attended colleges and universities
Fall semester: July 31
Spring semester: December 1
Summer semester: April 1
Please have your transcripts sent to:
School of Sport Sciences
PO Box 159
Wingate, NC 28174
If you have questions about the application or admission process, please contact Mrs. Holly Griffin, Executive Assistant to the Dean, at email@example.com or 704-233-8178.
* The MASM program will soon be transitioning to a 100% online format. F1 visa international students, per federal regulations, cannot be granted visas for online degrees and consequently will no longer be able to complete a course of study after an August 2018 start date. Therefore, enrollment will be permanently closed after fall 2018 to F1 visa student applicants for this degree. International students who are NOT seeking entry into the U.S. on an F1 student visa may apply to the MASM ONLINE program.
Effective May 20
Master of Arts in Sport Management is $435 per credit hour
FLEXIBLE AND CONVENIENT
- Class on-the-go
- Only three semesters/32 hour program
- Live office hours
- No entrance exam