Candidates for the Master of Arts in Sport Management degree must complete a minimum of 32 credit hours of coursework in accordance with the prescribed course of study and maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
MASM ONLINE offers two specialization tracks, Sport Marketing and Athletic Administration and Compliance.
To be eligible for admission to the MASM degree program, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a GPA of 2.9 or higher
- Submit a completed online application, including the required Essay of Intent/Personal Statement
- Provide three recommendation forms from faculty or supervisory personnel
- Arrange to have your official transcript(s) sent directly from all previously attended colleges and universities
Fall semester: July 31
Spring semester: December 1
Summer semester: April 1
Please have your transcripts sent to:
School of Sport Sciences
Attn: Randy Taylor
PO Box 159
Wingate, NC 28174
If you have any questions regarding the application or admission process, please contact Mr. Randy Taylor, Academic Support Specialist and Assistant to the Assistant Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The MASM program has transitioned to a 100% online format. F1 visa international students, per federal regulations, cannot be granted visas for online degrees and consequently will no longer be able to complete a course of study after an August 2018 start date. Therefore, enrollment will be permanently closed after fall 2018 to F1 visa student applicants for this degree. International students who are NOT seeking entry into the U.S. on an F1 student visa may apply to the MASM ONLINE program.
- Does your program or institution offer financial assistance?
- Are any graduate assistant positions available?
- Do I need to take the GRE or MAT for admission consideration?
- How do I find out if all of my application materials have been received?
- When will I know if I have been admitted to the MASM program?
- How do I select the track of study in the MASM program?
- Can any of my graduate school courses transfer to the MASM program?
- When is the application deadline?
The MASM program does not currently offer financial aid or assistance, however, there may be opportunities for outside grants, scholarships or other financial aid options. The Office of Financial Aid may be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone 704.233.8209.
Graduate assistant positions are available on campus in various departments, while most are awarded through the various athletic teams. You will need to personally contact departments on campus to inquire about the availability of a GA position. However, no guarantee can be made for securing a graduate assistant position while completing the MASM program. Please note: international applicants requiring an F1 Visa are not eligible for GA positions or admission to the program.
You should allow 3-4 weeks after you submit your online application and requests for recommendations and transcripts for processing all materials for your application. You may contact MASMadmissions@wingate.edu with questions regarding the status of your application materials.
There are two (2) tracks of study in the MASM program (Sport Marketing or Athletic Administration and Compliance). Along with your acceptance letter, a link will be sent to you to make your track selection. Please be sure to complete your selection right away so that your class schedule can be built.
This is dependent upon the course content and rigor. Transfer courses are reviewed on a case by case basis by the MASM Program Director. Please note a maximum of six (6) credit hours with a grade of "B" or better may be transferred and applied toward degree completion/graduation pending approval by the MASM Program Director.