The Wingate University program is an accredited program. Our faculty strives to meet and surpass these goals:
Provide comprehensive education that ensures graduates possess core knowledge in established and evolving biomedical and clinical sciences and can apply this knowledge to decision-making in clinical practice.
Provide a range of clinical experiences to ensure that graduates have the broad patient exposure necessary to develop essential clinical skills.
Provide graduates with a strong foundation in health information technology, evidence-based medicine, and quality improvement practices aimed at improving the effectiveness and reliability of health processes and outcomes.
Provide instruction and experiences that ensure graduates are prepared to work collaboratively in interprofessional, patient-centered teams
Success in meeting goal:
- The PA Program tracks student progress in acquiring seven identified professional competencies to ensure that students are developing the knowledge and skills important to PA practice.
- Clinical preceptor evaluations of our students reveal an average percentage of over 90% in each competency.
Support a culture of learning and sharing information gained through practice among clinical year students:
- Two elective rotations in the clinical year provide students with unique opportunities for student learning and practical experience in a medical field of interest which build upon the knowledge and skills gained in the didactic year and in completed required clinical rotations. At the end of the Elective I experience, clinical students present interesting cases, in Grand Rounds format, to program faculty and peers that highlight evolving areas and new trends in medicine.
- A culminating Capstone Project, requires students to apply knowledge and skills obtained throughout their graduate studies to identify and critically analyze quality improvement initiatives in healthcare aimed at improving the effectiveness and reliability of health processes and outcomes. Students present an oral summation of their Capstone Project to both peers and Wingate PA faculty in their final semester.
- Maintain first-time PANCE pass rates at or above the national average.
If you still have general questions about the program, or want to see how ours compares to other physician assistant programs, please reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call JoAnn Smith at 704-233-8051.