The Wingate University program is an accredited program. Our faculty strives to meet and surpass these goals:
- Provide comprehensive didactic instruction aligned with the NCCPA Blueprint.
- Success in meeting goal: The PA Program cross-references topics taught in each course in the curriculum with diseases, disorders and medical assessments identified by the NCCPA Blueprint as likely to be encountered by PAs. The process ensures comprehensive instruction across the curriculum.
- Train clinically competent physician assistants.
Success in meeting goal:
- The PA Program tracks student progress in acquiring six identified professional competencies to ensure that students are developing the knowledge and skills important to PA practice.
- Clinical preceptor evaluations of our students revealed average percentage scores of > 91% in the following measures of competency:
- Medical Knowledge – 91%
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills – 95%
- Patient Care – 93%
- Professionalism – 97%
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement – 93%
- System-based Practice – 93%
Support a culture of learning and sharing information gained through practice among clinical year students:
- Two elective rotations in the clinical year provide students with unique opportunities for student learning and practical experience in a medical field of interest which build upon the knowledge and skills gained in the didactic year and in completed required clinical rotations. At the end of the Elective I experience, clinical students present interesting cases, in Grand Rounds format, to program faculty and peers that highlight evolving areas and new trends in medicine.
- A culminating Capstone Project, requires students to apply knowledge and skills obtained throughout their graduate studies to identify and critically analyze quality improvement initiatives in healthcare aimed at improving the effectiveness and reliability of health processes and outcomes. Students present an oral summation of their Capstone Project to both peers and Wingate PA faculty in their final semester.
- Maintain first-time PANCE pass rates at or above the national average.
If you still have general questions about the program, or want to see how ours compares to other physician assistant programs, please reach out to us by emailing email@example.com or call JoAnn Smith at 704-233-8051.