Pathway to the PA program for Wingate undergraduates
Students who attend Wingate University and are interested in becoming Physician Assistants (PAs) are eligible for a competitive admissions advantage to the Wingate University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program. Applicants who meet the following criteria at the time of application to our PA program are guaranteed an interview with the program.
The Wingate PA Advantage guarantees a Wingate PA Program interview if the following criteria are met:
- The student has graduated from Wingate University or is anticipated to graduate from Wingate University before June 15th of the matriculation year.
- The student has a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher AND an overall science GPA of 3.2 or higher at the time of application.
- The student has a cumulative GRE score (Verbal + Quantitative) of 300 or greater.
- All prerequisites are completed before January 15th of the matriculation year.
- The student meets all other admissions criteria and has completed their application through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) portal.
- CASPA application is submitted before September 15th of the year prior to matriculation.
- Applicants with CASPA submission later than September 15 may be offered an interview if there are available slots, but this is not guaranteed.
- ** The Wingate PA Advantage does NOT guarantee acceptance into the Wingate PA Program. Applicants that meet the above criteria are guaranteed an interview, and if successful, may be offered a seat in the program.
Meeting these criteria will guarantee the student an interview with the PA program in his/her senior year during the regular interview cycle. By obtaining a satisfactory interview score, the student will receive an official notice of admission. Admission is provisional until the student has successfully completed all requirements for graduation and all PA Advantage requirements.
Students who do not meet the PA Advantage standards at the time of their application may still apply to the PA program through normal admissions channels.