The mission of the Office of Academic Advising is to empower Wingate University students with the resources and tools they need to help them thrive as ethical, global citizens. We want you to achieve realistic academic and professional goals.
OUR GOAL IS YOUR SUCCESS
At Wingate University, your Care Team, comprised of a faculty advisor and a career service advisor, supports you to ensure that you excel while transitioning from high school to university life. We’ll assist you in deciding on your educational and career goals and guide you to the courses you need to hit those marks.
WHAT SETS US APART?
Our Office of Academic Advising consists of faculty and staff Care Team members who work together to best serve you. And because Wingate University values lifelong learning, your advisors continually learn how best to serve you throughout their careers.
We strive to provide you with a strong advisory support system. And it shows. Our students ranked the quality of interactions with academic advisors very highly in the 2014 National Survey of Student Engagement.
- Who will my academic advisor be?
- I’m thinking about changing my major or minor. Whom should I talk to?
- How do I change my major, minor or advisor?
- What is the university core curriculum?
- Can any courses in my major also fulfill the university core requirements?
- What is a minor? Can minor courses apply to my major?
- I transferred courses or an AP credit to Wingate University. How do I make sure I get credit for these?
- How do I know which math courses are needed to satisfy the core curriculum and major requirements?
- What’s the difference between “general” and “advanced” classes?
- How do W’International or internship credits apply to my graduation requirements?
- Can I take classes at another school during the summer?
- Is foreign language a degree requirement?