The mission of the Office of Academic Advising is to empower Wingate University students with the resources and tools they need to help them thrive as ethical, global citizens. We want you to achieve realistic academic and professional goals.
Our Goal is Your Success
Wingate University is committed to providing individual academic advising and guidance for all undergraduate students. Each student is assigned to an academic advisor, and the academic advisor assists the student in planning his/her academic program and meets with the student periodically regarding academic and co-curricular issues. Our academic advisors assist students in the development of individual academic plans that include all degree requirements and reflect the students’ career and life goals.
- Who will my academic advisor be?
- Who should I talk to if I’m thinking about changing my major and/or minor?
- How do I change my major, minor or advisor?
- What is the university core curriculum?
- Can any courses in my major also fulfill the university core requirements?
- What is a minor? Can minor courses apply to my major?
- I transferred courses or an AP credit to Wingate University. How do I make sure I receive credit for these?
- How do I know which math courses are needed to satisfy the core curriculum and major requirements?
- What’s the difference between “general” and “advanced” classes?
- How do W’International or internship credits apply to my graduation requirements?
- Can I take classes at another school during the summer?
- Is foreign language a degree requirement?
- What is NaviGATE?