Disability Support Services
Creating a culture of access and inclusion.
Wingate University recognizes that a student with a disability as anyone who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. The Office of Disability Support Services, located in the Academic Resource Center, seeks to reduce barriers and provide a culture of access for all students. Reasonable accommodations are individualized and confidential, and may be amended based on the nature of the disability and current functional limitations.
Types of Requests
- Academic - Classroom, testing, and/or clinical or lab
- Non-academic - Housing, dining, student employment
The Office of Disability Support Services takes confidentiality seriously. If you’re a student with a disability, the information you submit is protected by confidentiality regulations. This means:
- You need only to disclose the information which would be appropriate for a particular situation.
- All disability-related documents, including testing information and requests for accommodations, are housed securely online.
- Your information is shared only with your written permission.
Executive Director of the Academic Resource Center
The Office of Disability Support Services