Graduation refers to actual degree conferral while commencement refers to the ceremony in which students celebrate conferral of the degree.
Undergraduate students pursuing a bachelor's degree at Wingate University must meet the following requirements to be eligible to graduate.
- Completion of the Graduation Application (deadline coincides with the first day of senior registration during the semester preceding the student's final fall/spring semester)
- Completion of the required number of credit hours for the specific major and degree program, typically 120 credit hours (refer to the academic catalog)
- Completion of all core curriculum requirements
- Completion of all requirements for a major course of study
- Completion of the required advanced credit hours (numbered 300 or above) for the major course of study, typically 40 credit hours
- Maintain at least the minimum cumulative GPA (grade point average) and the minimum GPA required for the major course of study, typically 2.0 but higher in some majors (refer to the academic catalog)
- Complete the last 30 credit hours of coursework before graduation at Wingate University
- Completion of the Lyceum requirement
Each semester, in order to stay on track toward graduation, students should:
- Review their degree audit in NaviGATE
- Enter planned courses in NaviGATE for all their remaining semesters through graduation
- Meet with their academic advisor prior to registering for courses for the following semester
Office Hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone: (704) 233-8006
Fax: (704) 233-8125
Office: 1st Floor, Stegall Building
Address: P.O. Box 159, Wingate, NC 28174