Wingate Adult Bachelor's Program Academics
If you want to start or continue a career that’s focused on helping others, then our human services major can help you achieve your goal. Being a human services major means gaining the in-class preparation needed to succeed as a professional in psychology, social services, non-profit organizations, the ministry, and the health field.
Perhaps you have graduate school on your radar? Wingate University’s human services major provides the educational foundation you need to succeed in advanced degree programs in counseling, psychology, or social work.
- Human Services Core (12 credits)
- Individual/Family Development (9 credits)
- Clinical Deviance (9 credits)
- Cultural Diversity (6 credits)
When employers evaluate candidates for new positions or promotion, they consistently look for excellent communication skills. Our Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree with a major in organizational communication and management helps you hone these critical skills.
Communication that Works
In a small and active learning environment, you’ll work closely with your professors and classmates to polish verbal, written, and visual communication skills. You can count on gaining real-life experience in communicating effectively with diverse audiences. You will also gain a better understanding of today’s key communication challenges facing organizations and managers.
Management Skills Spell Success
Whether you plan to supervise people or market products and services, knowing how to apply the key concepts of marketing and management in a global economy offers you an advantage as a valued employee. The expertise and working experience of your professors gives you the knowledge of consumer and organizational behavior, and the leadership skills needed to become a candidate for management.
Choose five of the following:
- COMM 205 Public Relations: Principles and Practices (3)
- COMM 225 Interpersonal Communication (3)
- COMM 302 Group Communication (3)
- COMM 315 Public Relations: Cases, Campaigns and Strategies (3)
- COMM 320 Writing for the Media (3)
- COMM 340 Intercultural Communication (3)
- COMM 375 Organizational Communication (3)
- COMM 410 Persuasion (3)
Choose five of the following:
- MARK 301 Principles of Marketing (3)
- MGMT 302 Principles of Management (3)
- MGMT 306 Managerial Communication (3)
- MGMT 313 Human Resource Management (3)
- MGMT 315 Small Business Management/Entrepreneurship (3)
- MARK 341 Consumer Behavior (3)
- MARK 411 Special Topics in Marketing (3)
- MGMT 416 Organization Theory and Behavior (3)
- MARK 422 Marketing Communications Strategy (3)
Would you like a career in education, but not necessarily as a classroom teacher? Our Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree with a major in Educational Studies provides an interdisciplinary educational foundation for those pursuing jobs in educational support services or non-profit organizations.
Students who earn this degree with have the option of obtaining a teaching license post-baccalaureate through a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) or alternate process or pursuing graduate work in a non-teaching field.
Choose 12 Credits from the following:
- ED 308 Reading Foundations K-8
- ED 322 Content Literacy K-8
- ED 324 English Method for Secondary Teachers
- ED 327 Literature for Children & Young Adults
- ED 410 Teaching Writing & Communication K-8
- ED 411 Reading Assessment & Intervention
6 Credits from any of the above/or the following:
- Modern Languages