What are the benefits?
- Earn a Doctor of Physical Therapy one year earlier than non Early Assurance program students.
- Seamless transition into Wingate University's Doctor of Physical Therapy program without the stress of competing against other qualified DPT applicants.
- Gain access to DPT students, faculty, and staff via the Pre-Physical Therapy student organization.
- Receive individualized academic advising from a member of the undergraduate Exercise Science faculty.
- Experience a dedicated Gateway class that will include leadership building opportunities.
The Department of Nursing encourages high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in nursing to apply to Wingate University by October 1st to be considered for direct admission into the nursing program.
Applicants must meet 2 of the following qualifications to be considered:
- High School Weighted GPA 3.8
- High School Unweighted GPA 3.0
- SAT 1100; ACT 23*
*Applicants submitting standardized test scores who meet these minimums will not have to take the TEAS nursing admission test. Applicants who either do not meet the minimum scores or do not submit standardized testing scores to the admissions department will have to meet the TEAS test score requirement of 72.
Pending successful completion of required criteria during the first two years of prerequisite courses, all directly admitted students would have a guaranteed place in the nursing program for their junior year.
For students not granted direct admission, students who change their major after enrolling at Wingate University, transfer students, and students who just aren't sure the direct admissions pathway is for them, there is still an opportunity to enter the Nursing program. The following qualifications must be met to apply to the nursing program sophomore year:
- Overall GPA ≥ 3.0
- Science GPA ≥ 2.3*
- A grade of “C” or better in all science courses, ENG 110
- A grade of “B” or better in HETH 105 and HETH 210**
- Minimum TEAS exam score of 72
*This calculation will include grades of required science courses transferred into Wingate.
**A student may only repeat HETH 210 one time. If the student does not make a grade of “B” or better on the second attempt at the course, he/she is not allowed to repeat it and must change their major, as they are no longer eligible to be considered for the program.
"I have had an amazing experience here at Wingate, and I may be biased, but our nursing program is undoubtedly one of the best. The small class sizes have provided us with a tight-knit community. I have felt supported by each of our professors since I began the program last fall. They have provided me with the skills and confidence I need to be a competent nurse after I graduate in May. Even after I graduate, I know they will still be cheering me on!"
WINGATE STUDENT NURSING ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT
CLASS OF 2023