FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE
We encourage you to use the net price calculator to see how affordable Wingate can be.
- Do I need to complete the FAFSA?
- When will I receive my financial aid information?
- How do I apply for financial aid to attend Wingate University?
- What information is included in my award package?
- What is verification?
- How do I get a copy of my IRS tax return transcript?
- I didn’t file a tax return for the year in question. What do I do now?
- How do I submit my forms once they’re completed?
Please don’t be concerned if the Department of Education or Wingate University selects your FAFSA for verification. You haven’t done anything wrong. This is a standard procedure that many students are asked to complete to confirm the accuracy of the data you submitted on your FAFSA. Verification requires you to submit additional information, such as tax return transcripts or other information, before a final decision is made on your financial aid eligibility. We will notify you of any additional information you need to provide.
There are three ways to get your tax return transcripts:
- By phone: Call the IRS Tax Transcript Center at 800–908–9946. Your paper transcript should be mailed in 5–10 business days.
- Online: Go to the IRS website. Select “Get Transcript Online.” Request your tax return transcript for the year in question. You should be able to immediately view and print your transcript.
- Via Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript (Form 4506T-EZ): Download the form. Don’t complete Section 5 (Release to Third Party); you want the transcript mailed directly to you. Mail or fax your request to the office specified on the second page of the form. Your paper transcript should be mailed in 5–10 business days.
You are still required to complete the verification worksheet. You’ll need to attest to the fact that you didn’t file and/or won’t be filing a Federal Tax Return for the year in question and that it wasn’t necessary for you to do so. You’ll also need to submit any additional documents that have been requested, such as copies of all of your W-2 forms from employers.
You have three options for submitting your forms:
- By mail: Office of Student Financial Planning PO Box 159 Wingate, NC 28174-0159
- Via email: Communications sent via email must be encrypted. Click here for detailed encryption instructions.
- By fax: 704–233–9396.
The Enrollment Management Team works with you to find the right financial aid solution, including helping you through the financial aid process, from how to complete your FAFSA to learning the details of your award package.
We’ll help you navigate grants and scholarships, student loans and work-study opportunities to make a Wingate University education affordable for you.
Please contact your enrollment officer if you have any questions. Together, we’ll help you find a way to be a Bulldog.