We prepare our students well. Wingate students dream big, and we are equipped to help them reach those dreams, without delay. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, Wingate's four-year graduation rate is higher than the average rate for University of North Carolina System schools.
- For the past six years (2012-2017), our physician assistant program’s PANCE pass rate (among first-time takers) has exceeded the national average. This year, for the third time in the past five years, our PANCE pass rate was 100%.
- For the second year in a row, our nursing program has a 100% first-attempt pass rate on the NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse).
- Our pharmacy NAPLEX pass rate is 85.87 percent. Physical therapy licensure pass rate is 89.2 percent.
- Ninety percent of students in our Master of Accounting program pass at least one of the four sections of the CPA exam before graduating.
- Six months after graduating, 95% of undergraduate students responding to our survey report being employed or in graduate school.
- Our post-licensure-exam placement rate for pharmacy, nursing, physical therapy and physician assistant graduates is 100%.
- Our teacher education majors are offered positions directly aligned with their degree or are accepted to graduate school immediately upon graduation.
- Our placement rate for music education majors is 100% and 89% of the 2012-2017 Music Education graduates are still in the classroom (the national average is less than 70%).
Our signature low-cost travel program couples a semester-long seminar with a 10-day overseas excursion. In the past five years alone, Wingate students have studied in 37 different countries.
More than 4 out of 5 seniors say Wingate helped them work more effectively with others and speak and write more clearly. Seniors also gave WU high National Survey of Student Engagement ratings on collaborative learning, discussions with diverse others and student-faculty interaction.