About Campus Safety
The Wingate University Department of Campus Safety is committed to providing a safe educational and work environment for our family of students, faculty and staff.
We are available day and night to assist you with any campus safety concerns:
- Campus Safety: 704-233-8999
- Wingate Police (non-emergency): 704-289-1591
- Police (emergency): 911
- Address: 204 North Main Street Wingate, NC 28174
We also offer access to a broad range of campus safety resources:
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
- 24 – Hour Campus Safety Number – 704-233-8999
- Title IX Coordinator – 704-233-8065
- After Hours Residence Life Assistance – 704-233-8999
- Emergency Phone Numbers – 911 from a campus phone
Blue-light help phones throughout campus provide a direct link to an emergency dispatcher.
TIPS TO STAY SAFE
The Wingate University family is comprised of nearly 3,000 students, faculty and academic support staff. Ensuring the safety and well-being of everyone is a responsibility shared by the Office of Campus Safety, Office of Residence Life and the Town of Wingate.
But remember, the most effective component of a safety program is you!
We want you to follow these nine tips to stay safe:
- Stay alert to your surroundings. Keep an eye out for suspicious people.
- Walk with purpose and don’t make lingering eye contact with strangers.
- Trust your gut. If you feel like your safety is threatened, act quickly.
- Travel with a group of friends after dark.
- Never let a stranger into your residence hall.
- Take extra caution when walking or running at night.
- Don’t wear headphones while running or walking outside. If you must listen to music while you work out, head to the gym!
- Do not share residence hall or building access codes.
- Report any behavior you feel may be suspicious.