Welcome to Society of 1896
At Wingate University, we make it easy to be a difference-maker. By giving gifts totaling $1,000 or more in our fiscal year (June 1⎼May 31), you’ll become a member of the Society of 1896. Your gifts enable the University to be a laboratory of difference-making, empowering our students to become the next generation of difference-makers and ensuring that a Wingate University education is life-changing for all.
So what’s in it for you? Aside from helping improve your community through education, you’ll receive some tangible benefits as well:
- A commemorative gift celebrating your Society of 1896 membership.
- Access to member-exclusive communications that keep you in the loop on all things Wingate.
- Invitations to member-only events.
- Opportunities to meet with faculty members and those you’re helping the most: students.
- Special Society of 1896 donor recognition.
More importantly, what do our students get?
- More scholarship money.
- Better facilities.
- More opportunities to use their talents and knowledge to help the local community.
- Study-abroad sessions that broaden their minds.
- A multitude of opportunities to satisfy their curiosity.
How do you get started?
Make a gift of any amount today, and you'll be on the road to Society membership. It costs as little as $83.33 a month to become a member, and no matter where you direct your dollars – scholarships, the Annual Fund, or the Bulldog Club – it all goes toward your Society of 1896 membership.
Are you a recent graduate and want to contribute? If you’ve graduated in the last four years, you can join the Society of 1896 by giving $250 ($20.83 per month) to any area of campus. Those who have graduated between five and 10 years ago may join for $500 ($40.67 per month.)
The Society of 1896 honors and celebrates our generous and loyal supporters. By being actively involved in our vision for the future, you serve as an inspiration to the Wingate University community. Thank you for creating an exceptional educational experience for our students and helping us provide difference-making opportunities in and out of the classroom.
- What are the benefits of the Society of 1896 membership?
- I am a recent graduate and can’t afford $1,000 a year at this time. Is there a young-alum membership at a lower giving level?
- What funds and initiatives at Wingate must I support in order to be eligible for the Society of 1896?
- I've already given you my tuition. Why should I give you even more money?
- What's the difference between restricted and unrestricted funds?
- I’d rather not make a one-time payment of $1,000 annually. Are there other payment options available that make me eligible for the Society of 1896?
- How often must I renew my membership after I officially become a member of the Society of 1896?
- I am a Wingate University employee. Can I have my monthly contribution taken out of my pay?