Master of Accounting
ABOUT MASTER OF ACCOUNTING
The Master of Accounting degree (MAC) at Wingate matches motivated professionals looking to advance their careers in accounting with the hands-on education necessary to help them become financial executives.
The degree is open to domestic and international students who have earned an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or another academic area. Full- and part-time course loads are available, with classes held during the day. For our program, 20% of the courses are taught online.
The Master of Accounting degree at Wingate is offered as both a one-year and a two-year program. In order to ensure adequate preparation for financial professionals, the program seeks to accomplish these goals:
- The completion of 30 required credit hours (10 courses with 20% of the courses online)
- 150 hours of class time/training required for certification
- Participation in lab programs for hands-on training
- Development of a résumé and portfolio
- Full certification by completing the certified public accountant exam
- Transition into a career as a financial executive
If you’re thinking about accounting graduate school, you need to know that there are specific steps you have to take. We’ve made it simple for you by putting together this list of things you need to do.
- Complete the GMAT exam if you did not receive an undergraduate degree from Wingate University). Our institutional code is 00G-NM-92.
- Fill out our online application below.
- Submit two completed recommendation forms.
- Complete and submit the MAC Transcript Request Form (PDF)
- Submit a current résumé and a letter of intent and professional goals.
- Schedule an interview with an admissions representative.
Taking the next step for admission to an accounting graduate school program is simple. We’re here to help you.
Take the first step toward your master’s degree in accounting.
Professional recommendations indicate which applicants to our program are focused and have the drive necessary to complete our graduate accounting degree. We value the opportunity to learn more about you and your strengths.
We ask that you submit two recommendations from individuals familiar with your work in a professional or academic setting. Who you ask is up to you. Please use the MAC Recommendation Form to make your recommendation.
Dr. Peter M. Frank
Master of Accounting is $575 Per Credit Hour
4+1 MAC Program
Wingate also offers an accelerated 4+1 Master of Accounting degree. Following the completion of an undergraduate degree, Wingate students can complete the master’s degree in accounting with only one additional year of education.
The Porter B. Byrum School of Business is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is the leading accreditation association for business education for institutions with a focus on teaching excellence. ACBSP accreditation assures students of a commitment to overall quality, academic rigor and continuous improvement in business education.