School of Pharmacy
Wingate University School of Pharmacy is committed to training the next generation of pharmacy practitioners, leaders, and innovators. Our Doctor of Pharmacy Program is designed to produce graduates with complete pharmaceutical care skills, excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding moral character, strong problem solving skills, and the ultimate professional commitment to the patient, community, and employer. At Wingate University School of Pharmacy, our students engage with highly qualified faculty members in innovative classes, problem based learning groups, and labs in state-of-the-art facilities. Classroom learning is enhanced with real-world pharmacy experience starting in the first year of the program. With over 2,150 hours of pharmacy practice experience in hospitals, community pharmacies, and medical clinics, employers call our graduates the most practice ready pharmacists.
One curriculum, two campuses
Wingate University School of Pharmacy offers the PharmD Program on the Wingate and Hendersonville campuses. The home campus in Wingate accepts 80 students in each incoming class, and the Hendersonville campus accepts 20 students in each incoming class. Students complete the same curriculum on each campus. Innovative technology allows for synchronous classroom instruction on both campuses.
Four pillars define our program: practice experience, pharmacotherapy, professionalism, and pharmaceutical sciences. This approach ensures that graduates have the classroom knowledge, clinical skills, and workplace professionalism you need to excel in any healthcare setting.
Why WUSOP? Here's what students say when surveyed.
- “Outstanding reputation”
- “WUSOP alum highly recommend the program”
- “Family environment and sense of community is warm and encouraging”
- “Curriculum integrates rotations into the semester”
- “Beautiful campus close to Charlotte”
- “First year rotations that no other pharmacy school in NC offers”
- “Smaller class sizes”
- “Does not focus on one career path within pharmacy, but gives students experience in various types of pharmacy”
- “Impressive facilities”
- “Relationship with faculty”
- “Students are not just a number, but a person”
- “Helpful and friendly staff”
- “Most student focused program"