Strengthen your mathematical and analytic prowess with the accounting major.
In conjunction with the Porter B. Byrum School of Business, the accounting program equips you with the resources necessary to be successful in the field of accounting.
From a well-trained faculty to a host of internships and summer research opportunities, the accounting program has the necessary tools to optimize your educational experience.
It All Adds Up
In the School of Business, our focus is on creating a vibrant learning atmosphere that translates into relevant job opportunities for students upon graduation. We emphasize the use of resources that help to enhance the learning process:
- ACBSP-certified Accounting Lab that helps to train students how to use Capital IQ, CRSP and Morningstar Investment Research Center resources
- Active learning opportunities and focused student-teacher interactions
- Experiential, hands-on learning through team-based projects and case studies
- Immersive class projects and presentations
- Undergraduate research and internships
Our curriculum is designed to cultivate the personal and professional skills that employers desire most. From communication to team-based management, our program has you covered as you earn your degree and even after. Do you want to earn an advanced degree in accounting? After you earn your bachelor’s degree, you could earn a master’s degree in accounting in the same program that helped you build a solid foundation in the field.
Be in the Business of Success
Become part of an engaging and motivating program by contacting Dr. Peter Frank at the School of Business and learn more about how the accounting program can work for you.