Commencement is an exciting time. Before you get swept up in the frenzy, take a minute to make sure you’ve met the bachelor of liberal studies degree requirements.
Nothing matches the feeling of accomplishment that comes with earning your degree. But you want to be absolutely certain you’ve met all the requirements for the program. Here’s a checklist of what needs to be done in order to graduate and participate in commencement at Wingate University:
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours, all hours required for your major(s) and the required Global Perspectives and University Foundations courses.
- Complete at least 40 total credit hours with 300- and 400-level courses.
- Carry a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 your major(s) and overall.
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours from Wingate University.
- Apply for commencement and submit your application to the registrar.
- Pass your exit examinations.
- Clear all financial obligations with Wingate in order to receive your diploma and final transcripts.
- Complete all of your coursework by the date of graduation.
Note to August graduates: You can participate in commencement if you complete all the degree requirements at Wingate University by the end of the second summer term and have a 2.0 GPA. You also need to have paid in full for necessary coursework before commencement and have no outstanding financial obligations to the university.
Give us a call today. We don’t want anything holding up your big day!