Commencement is an exciting time. Before you get swept up in the frenzy, take a minute to make sure you’ve met the adult bachelor degree requirements.
Nothing matches the feeling of accomplishment that comes with earning your adult bachelor degree. But you want to be absolutely certain you’ve met all the requirements for the program. Here’s a checklist of what needs to be done in order to graduate and participate in Commencement at Wingate University:
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours, all hours required for your major(s) and the required Global Perspectives and University Foundations courses.
- Complete at least 40 credit hours at the 300 and 400 course level.
- Carry a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in your major(s) and overall.
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours from Wingate University.
- Apply for Commencement by submitting your application to the registrar.
- Pass your exit examinations.
- Clear all financial obligations with Wingate University in order to receive your diploma and final transcripts.
- Complete all of your coursework by the date of graduation.
Claim Your Adult Bachelor Degree
Note to August graduates: You can participate in Commencement if you complete all the adult bachelor degree requirements at Wingate University by the end of the second summer term and have a 2.0 GPA. You also need to have paid in full for necessary coursework before Commencement and have no outstanding financial obligations to the university.
Give us a call at 980-359-1030. We don’t want anything holding up your big day!