The Academically and Intellectually Gifted Add-On Licensure Program gives you the right credentials to stay ahead of the competition.
Interested in working with gifted and talented students? Completing the Academically and Intellectually Gifted Licensure Add-On Program ensures that you meet all state teaching requirements.
With the addition of online course options, obtaining the most current licensure becomes even easier than before.
Teach the Gifted and Talented
You complete these four online courses (12 credit hours) to receive the AIG license:
- EDU 491 / 591 – Introduction to Gifted Education (offered in the fall)
- EDU 492 / 592 – Social and Emotional Needs of the Gifted and Talented (offered in the spring)
- EDU 493 / 593 – Methods and Materials in Gifted Education (offered during Summer Session I)
- EDU 494 / 594 – Curriculum Development for the Gifted (offered during Summer Session II)
These education courses help you master the gifted and talented teaching component. The fee is $310 per credit hour.
To apply for the AIG license, simply:
- Complete the AIG application
- Ask the college or university where you earned your bachelor’s degree to send your official transcripts to Wingate University
- Send Wingate University a copy of your professional teaching license