Our graduate education degree programs prepare you to teach and lead in North Carolina schools and beyond.
Wingate University’s graduate education program offers master’s and doctoral degrees and add-on licensure programs that prepare today’s educators to meet the needs of North Carolina’s children. Our programs are designed to prepare you to lead within your chosen educational setting. This approach also prepares you to meet national and state teaching standards.
Master’s Degree Programs
Our master’s degrees fit where you are in your educational career, whether you’re a seasoned veteran or haven’t taught a single class.
- Do you want to become a principal? If you have an undergraduate degree in education, our Master of Arts in Education in Educational Leadership qualifies you to earn a license to become a school principal in North Carolina.
- Do you have an undergraduate degree in education and want to advance your career? Earning a Master of Arts in Education in Elementary Education qualifies you for an SP2 license in North Carolina.
- Do you want to teach but you have an undergraduate degree in a subject other than education? Choose our Master of Arts in Teaching in Elementary Education. The degree qualifies you to receive your initial certification and professional certification to teach K-6 in North Carolina.
- If you don’t have an undergraduate degree, our 4 + 1 Master of Arts in Education in Elementary Education program allows you the opportunity to earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in five years.
Doctoral Degree Programs
Do you have your eye on the administrative office in a public school district or community college?
- Our Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership prepares you for the challenging role of a school superintendent, central office administrator or principal.
- If you’re a community college faculty or staff member, our Doctor of Education in Community College Executive Leadership program is one of the few in the country that prepares you to become a community college dean, vice president or president.
In both programs, you have the opportunity to earn an Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree; you must qualify to earn an Education Doctor (Ed.D.) degree.
Add-On Licensure Programs
Do you want to teach gifted and talented students or become a school principal? If you have a master’s degree in education, our Educational Leadership program gives you the opportunity to become a school principal. If you have a bachelor’s degree, our AIG program prepares you to teach academically and intellectually gifted students.
It’s Your Move
Our graduate education admission requirements let you know what’s required to join our graduate program. If you have more questions, feel free to stop by to see us when you visit the Wingate University-Ballantyne campus or email us your questions.