The sum of our accounting courses equals a superior education and professional success.
The accounting program’s design at Wingate University providesour students with an education that translates into superior performance in the professional world. Our curriculum comprises 10 courses covering the fundamentals of professional accounting. A student needs the following prerequisites before entering the program: Intermediate Accounting I and II, Federal Taxation and Auditing.
Courses offered in the graduate accounting program:
ACCT 622 Advanced Accounting II
ACCT 628 Modeling of Advanced Tax Issues
ACCT 629 Advanced Taxation of Business and Property
ACCT 631 Advanced Auditing
ACCT 641 Financial Accounting Concepts, Analysis and Valuation
ACCT 652 Financial Institutions and Management
ACCT 688 Financial Accounting Methods
ACCT 690 Accounting Research
More information on these courses can be found in our course descriptions.
The Master of Accounting degree at Wingate University is offered as both a one-year and a two-year program. In order to ensure adequate preparation for financial professionals, the program seeks to accomplish these goals:
- The completion of 30 required credit hours (10 courses with 20% of the courses online)
- 150 hours of class time/training required for certification
- Participation in lab programs for hands-on training
- Development of a résumé and portfolio
- Full certification by completing the certified public accountant exam
- Transition into a career as a financial executive
If this meets your future career goals, we invite you to apply to our MAC program today.