The Carolinas HealthCare System and Wingate University Clinical Residency in Neurological Physical Therapy can prepare you to be a leader in the field of physical therapy.
The Carolinas HealthCare System and Wingate University Clinical Residency in Neurological Physical Therapy is accredited by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE). The purpose of this clinical residency is to:
- Train physical therapists in superior post-professional clinical skills
- Provide physical therapists with advanced knowledge in the specialty area
- Produce leaders in the field of physical therapy
Neurologic Residency Mission
Our mission is to provide a post-professional clinical education experience that accelerates and facilitates the attainment of advanced knowledge and skills in neurologic physical therapy. We seek to foster a growing body of skilled physical therapy providers that elevates our entire clinical enterprise and the quality of rehabilitative services we provide to the community.
How to Apply
Admission criteria include:
- Complete the RF-PTCAS application and submit all supplemental materials.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or Permanent U.S. Resident status.
- Hold a DPT degree from a CAPTE-accredited institution.
- Show that you’re licensed to practice physical therapy in the United States and eligible for licensure in North Carolina. License to practice in North Carolina must be obtained prior to the start of the residency.
- Hold membership in the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Submit three letters of professional recommendation.
- Write an essay.
- Provide transcripts from the institution where you earned your DPT degree.
- Meet all Essential Functions of a Physical Therapist as defined by Carolinas HealthCare Systems.
- Pay the application fee.
- Complete an in-person or electronic interview.
Want more information?
For additional information, please email Diane Wrisley, PT, PhD, NCS, Director of Post-Professional Programs at Wingate University or call her at 704-233-8045. You can also email Jacqueline LaBarbera, PT, DPT, NCS Residency Co-director at Carolinas HealthCare System or call her at 704-355-4461.