Important Announcement: PharmCAS application deadline extended to June 1, 2018.
Looking to earn a doctor of pharmacy degree? The Wingate University School of Pharmacy prepares students for success.
For students pursuing their Doctor of Pharmacy degree at Wingate University, our courses complement practical experiences, and many include case-based learning. Our curriculum is designed so that what you learn inside the classroom and outside during your rotations complement and support each other. As we can see by our program outcomes, it is the most effective way for you to prepare for your future career as a pharmacist or for postgraduate training.
Support When You Need It
Students value the hands-on experience offered by Wingate University, and you get the support you need along the way. In fact, our students have said the supportive family environment is one thing they like most about our program. Professors want you to succeed as much as you do and help you however they can. Plus, the students you meet in classes, labs and student organizations become your friends and biggest supporters as you earn your Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
“Dean Supernaw founded the school in the hopes of allowing students to be engaged in a program that is tailor made to the student; research fellowships, community pharmacy, clinical pharmacy, and other opportunities are never forced upon the student, but are available for the student to explore as potential options.”
~Caleb, Doctor of Pharmacy Candidate
One of the biggest decisions you make when you apply to the School of Pharmacy is choosing to study on the Wingate campus or the Hendersonville campus. If you choose the Wingate campus, you study in a number of different types of classrooms and labs in the Levine College of Health Sciences building. If you choose the Hendersonville campus, a 95,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility becomes your home for learning.
Are you planning to apply for Fall 2018? The PharmCAS application is open from July 18, 2017-June 1, 2018. Contact us today to schedule an individual meeting to learn more about our admissions requirements.
Upcoming Events for Prospective Students
- Future Rx Day: Thursday, June 21st at the Wingate campus. This event is designed for students who are planning to apply to pharmacy school in the next application cycle. Participants will hear from a current student panel, connect with faculty, experience a hands-on lab demonstration, practice mock interviews, and take an in-depth look at the PharmCAS application process. Register for free.
- Pharmacy Scholars Leadership Academy for rising and current high school students: July 16th-18th at the Wingate Campus. This day camp is for high school students interested in a health professions career. Participants will hear from a pharmacy career panel, practice problem solving skills in small groups, learn about hot topics in pharmacy, and interact with pharmacy faculty and current students in hands-on labs. Register for free.
Pharmacy Students Push for New Law
Wingate University School of Pharmacy student pharmacists recently met with lawmakers about the Pharmacy and Medically Underserved Areas Enhancement Act. Read the full article to learn more.
We have made an effort to provide you with answers to your questions about the School of Pharmacy. On these pages you can find:
- Admission requirements
- Application information
- Recruitment events
- Course equivalents for select colleges and universities in North Carolina
- School of Pharmacy Accreditation
- Program Outcomes
- Pharmacy tuition
- Prerequisites for the pharmacy program
- Postgraduate training
- Information for preceptors
- Clinical rotation experience
We Want to Hear From You
As always, we invite you to plan a visit to tour either of our campuses or attend a recruitment event to meet our students, faculty and staff. We can’t wait for the chance to speak with you about why becoming a Doctor of Pharmacy may be the right choice for you.