The most important thing you’ll learn at Wingate University is who you are as a person. Discovering this helps make finding and preparing for a career so much easier.
You can make this process simpler if you take the following steps each year:
- Attend all of your classes and strive to get good grades. You should keep track of your GPA and endeavor to raise it.
- Create your résumé and keep it updated.
- Gain experience and get involved on campus. Volunteering, joining organizations and participating in activities strengthens your résumé.
- Take a self-assessment to explore career options that could be right for you.
- Use Handshake to search for internship and part-time job opportunities.
Make it a point to focus on specific career planning tasks each year. Your career advisor can help you figure out what to tackle each year. In general the following lists are a good starting point.