Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Skip To Main Content

Student Employment

Who can have an on-campus job?

All students are eligible for on-campus jobs regardless of their financial status. Students receiving Federal Work Study (FWS) awards are given priority over non-FWS students. All students are required to complete specific paperwork prior to starting any job on campus.

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized work program that encourages the part-time employment of undergraduates who need the income to help pay for the cost of their education. At Wingate, students who qualify for FWS through the financial aid process are given priority over non-work study students in securing employment on campus. The priority window begins in mid-July and runs through late August. FWS students apply for jobs through our jobs at Handshake. Dozens of departments employee students throughout the academic year, and are represented at the job fair held at the beginning of each semester.

International Students

As an international student, there are some restrictions on your ability to work in the United States. Employment is permitted based on your visa classification or by receiving special permission from the Department of Homeland Security. International students with an F-1 Visa are permitted to work up to 20 hours/week while classes are in session and up to 29 hours/week when classes are not in session. For more information, we encourage you to reach out to International Student Services. This department will support you throughout your time at Wingate. Faculty and staff looking for assistance with hiring an F1-Visa International Student, click here for more information.

Student Employment FAQs


Career Services