Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Skip To Main Content

ID Card

The wallet-sized Campus ID Card has your picture and a magnetic strip identifying you as its sole user. You present it to gain entry to campus events and many buildings. You also need it to borrow library books.

Your Way to Pay

You can also use it as a debit card for cash-free purchase of food, and supplies. The card carries your Campus Dining Plan (included in the residential fee for residential students, and optional for commuter students). Most dining plans include both meal swipes (one swipe equals one all-you-can-eat visit in the dining hall) and Dining Dollars (for use at the other dining locations on campus). You can also purchase "Add-on Bulldog Bucks", outside of your meal plan. Add-on dollars can be used for supplies and apparel at Wingate Outfitters, in addition to being accepted at all of the campus dining locations.

Setting Up Your Account

For residential students, your meal plan will be automatically loaded to your card each semester. To purchase Add-on Bulldog Bucks, or for commuters who would like to purchase a meal plan, simply visit our Campus Dining website to view your options and make a purchase.

Need more information about your Campus ID Card? 

  • For card issuing and replacement questions, call Residence Life at (704) 233-8245 or email
  • For questions about your card accounts, contact our Meal Plan Coordinator at

Door access

The University is migrating to new card access doors/openers. Some access doors will still require a swipe, while the new readers require only a tap or close proximity to the door reader.  

With the goal of converting exterior facility doors to the system in the near future, should you encounter any issues with access, please use this Door Access Form to report any challenges with access. Should you need immediate access to a residential facility, please call (704) 621-3839 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. Outside of those times and on the weekend you can contact the RA on Duty for the area at the number below:

  • Cannons & CM Black: (704) 621-2761
  • JM Smith & Alumni: (704) 621-3510
  • Northeast & FDA: (704) 621-3767
  • South Village: (704) 621-3533
  • Watson Village: (704) 621-3567
  • Wilsons & Helms: (704) 621-3779
  • Other campus facilities please contact Campus Safety at (704) 233-8999