What Will You Learn?
Gateway 101 is designed to help you achieve specific goals. These include the ability to:
- Identify and use campus resources and opportunities that contribute to your academic and personal success
- Improve written and oral communication skills to discover, develop and articulate ideas
- Use university and the specific resources and publications in your major to successfully complete that major, including active participation in advising and registration
- Engage with the diverse opportunities offered through cultural and campus life organizations and events
- Develop critical relationships with mentors, faculty and staff so you can discuss matters related to campus life, your coursework and academic progress
- Establish supportive relationships with classmates and Peer Mentors in all areas of your university life
What Do Students Say?
In the past, students have told us that Gateway 101 is exactly what they needed at this time in their life. What exactly do they say?
- “It helped me figure out better ways to study and be a better student.”
- “It taught me a lot about how I need to plan ahead and what steps I need to take to achieve my goal of going to medical school.”
- “When I was freaking out about class, I knew that I could come to Gateway and vent as well as receive help.”
- “I would say that Gateway’s way of introducing us to Wingate University and the individuals that make up our staff was very important when adjusting to the life in college. This adjustment made it easy to get comfortable with the transition, and that is important to my learning.”