Writing Tutoring Sessions Fall 2020
All writing tutoring sessions will be virtual and by appointment only during the Fall 2020 semester.
- Appointments should be made through TutorTrac (wingate.go-redrock.com) and will take place via ZOOM consultations. All available appointment times will be visible once the student accesses TutorTrac.
- Appointments should be made at least 24 hours in advance (48 hrs is preferred).
- When making the appointment, students must include a link (Google Docs) to their paper draft in the Notes section. If the student does not have a draft yet and needs a “planning / brainstorming session,” the student should make that known in the Notes section and include a link to the writing prompt.
- The writing consultants will make/embed comments directly on the student’s draft prior to the Zoom consultation session. During the Zoom session, the writing consultants will discuss the comments and suggest improvements.
- Students will receive a “summary” of the session via TutorTrac. It is the students’ responsibility to provide that to their professor if necessary. The writing consultants will complete an additional session summary that is more reflective of the session. This additional summary session is primarily intended for Writing Center use. If faculty or administrators have questions or concerns about a particular student and their writing, these additional session summaries are available on request.
- Remember: writing consultants do not “fix” papers. Consultants make suggestions to improve the paper while acting as “coaches” to help students grow and improve as writers in general. Students are ultimately responsible for their own work. It is up to the student to consider the consultants’ suggestions and comments and then to revise accordingly.