The most important thing you’ll learn at Wingate University is who you are as a person. Discovering this helps make finding and preparing for a career so much easier.
You can make this process simpler if you take the following steps each year:
- Attend all of your classes and strive to get good grades. You should keep track of your GPA and endeavor to raise it.
- Create your résumé and keep it updated.
- Gain experience and get involved on campus. Volunteering, joining organizations and participating in activities strengthens your résumé.
- Take a self-assessment to explore career options that could be right for you.
- Use CareerGate-Powered by Purple Briefcase to search for internship and part-time job opportunities.
Make it a point to focus on specific career planning tasks each year. Your career advisor can help you figure out what to tackle each year. In general the following lists are a good starting point.
Employers: Use CareerGate to post and manage jobs and internships. Visit the link above and then choose “New Employer.”
Job Seekers (current students and alumni): Wingate University students and alumni are able to apply for jobs and internships online, to upload cover letters and resumes, and to contact employers regarding specific opportunities. Log into your Wingate email and then click on the student link above. You shouldn’t need a password.
Faculty/Staff: Contact the Office of Career Development to request an account.
Prospective Students: You will be given access to CareerGate once you have your login to the Wingate email system.