We believe in promoting health and wellness by encouraging students, faculty and staff to make their well-being a priority.
Schedule an appointment with the Health Center if you don’t feel well or if you need:
Our professional staff includes:
- Two Nurse Practitioners (full-time)
- Physician (part-time)
- Registered nurse
- Certified medical assistant
- Certified nursing assistant
- Office Manager
The Health Center complies with federal and state laws regarding the confidentiality and security of medical records, including HIPAA. No information concerning a patient’s health or health records will be disclosed without authorization.
In case of an emergency, Wingate University students should call 911 or go to CMC-Union Hospital. You are responsible for payment when you are seen at the hospital or referred off campus for treatment or follow-up care.
For students enrolled in the Wingate-sponsored health plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS), free access to a licensed provider is available after hours and on weekends. This service offers access to a provider (ie: Skype or face time) who can:
- answer general health questions
- assess new symptoms
- call in prescriptions to a local pharmacy
- diagnose health problems
- recommend treatment options
- refer you for emergency treatment or follow-up care
Other after-hours options:
- Minute Clinic (inside CVS-Hilltop)
- 625 E Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28112 (704-289-8513)
- Carolinas Healthcare System Urgent Care-Monroe
- 613 E Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28112 (704-283-8193)
- FastMed Urgent Care
- 2242 W Roosevelt Blvd A, Monroe, NC 28110 (704-220-1904)
- Click here for convenient check-in.
Make An Appointment
- Walk-ins: accepted upon availability (scheduled appointments preferred)
Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our appointments are tightly scheduled, so if you are late, the next patient may be seen ahead of you.
Location and Hours
The Health Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can be seen by appointment from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Walk-ins are accepted as time permits.