ID Card

The wallet-sized Campus ID Card has your picture and a magnetic strip identifying you as its sole user. You present it to gain entry to campus events and many buildings. You also need it to borrow library books.

Your Way to Pay

You can use it as a debit card for cash-free purchase of food, books and supplies. The card carries three accounts: a Campus Dining Plan, **Bulldog Bucks and a Secure Spending Account/Add-On Dollars.

Campus Dining Plan

With your Campus ID Card you can you eat in our dining facilities. Your dining dollars must be spent by the end of each semester. If you’ve eaten up all your dollars, you can add more with a visit to the Business Office.

Setting Up Your Secure Spending Account (also known as add-on dollars)

Itching to buy family members a Wingate University hoodie? Whereas Bulldog Bucks can't be used in Wingate Outfitters, Secure Spending dollars can be used for books, supplies and apparel at these campus locations:

  • Klondike-Poolside Cafe and Grab n Go Convenience Store
  • Pharmacy Express
  • Pizza Hut
  • Wingate Outfitters

To set up Secure Spending, you can call 704-233-8211. You can set up your account with cash, check or a credit card. You can also transfer funds from a credit on your student account.


How Much?

Estimate $500 to $700 for books each semester. You can add money to the account as often as needed and your funds carry through summer. Any balance is refunded when you graduate or withdraw.

Safe and Secure

Need more information about your Campus ID Card? 

For card issuing and replacement questions, call Residence Life at 704-233-8245 or email

For questions about your card accounts, call the Business Office at 704-233-8211 or email