Ready to earn your degree? Apply now to the Wingate University adult bachelor’s degree program.  MASM student uses his laptop during class

Our adult bachelor’s degree program evening classes are conveniently held at our campus in the Ballantyne area of south Charlotte, NC.  

The Application Process

We accept applications on a rolling basis and review them throughout the year. It’s possible to be admitted at any time up to the beginning of each session. There are four eight-week sessions during the fall and spring, and two five-week sessions in the summer:

  • Fall sessions: Mid-August and October
  • Spring sessions: Early January and March
  • Summer sessions: May and July

What You Need

First, you need to complete and sign our online application below.

We also need additional information to consider the application process complete:

1. Sealed official transcripts of credits completed or in progress from high school, a GED program and each higher education institution you’ve attended.

2. ACT or SAT scores for students with less than 24 transferable credits, unless you have been out of high school for more than five years. Please have your scores mailed to:

Wingate University Ballantyne
13024 Ballantyne Corporate Place
Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28277

For Wingate University, the ACT code is 3176 and our SAT code is 5908.

Transcripts and Scores

  • GED transcripts: We don’t need your GED diploma, but we do need your test scores. To get your transcript, you’ll need to contact the institution where you took your GED.
  • High school transcripts: To get your high school transcripts, you’ll need to contact the board of education for the county where you graduated.
  • International transcripts: Both your international high school and college transcripts need to be evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization as a part of your admissions process. This allows us to determine which of your credits apply toward your degree from Wingate University.
  • Military transcripts: Air Force transcripts can be requested through the Community College of the Air Force. You can find information on your eligibility for veteran’s benefits on the adult bachelor degree program tuition page or on the Veteran’s Benefits page.
  • Scores: Requesting score reports can be costly and time-consuming. We don’t want you spending unnecessary time or money sending these scores to us. Not all credits are accepted, so if you are hoping to transfer AP credits, CLEP credits or DANTES credits, you’ll want to review how Wingate University handles these. We also recommend that you review our pages about transferring credits.

Do You Have Questions About Applying?

We’re here to help! You can contact us about the adult bachelor’s degree program any time. For more information about the program itself, read through our ABD FAQs and see what our adult degree alumni have to say about Wingate University.