If you’re ready to apply as an international student, follow these steps.
1. Fill out our application for admission to Wingate University and send in the US$50 nonrefundable processing fee. Fall semester applications must be received no later than June 1. Spring applications must be received by Nov 1.
2. Fax (1-704-233-8110) or email a copy of your passport.
3. Submit your original and official transcripts with a certified evaluation and English translation to the Office of Admissions.
- Include high school transcript and college transcript, if applicable.
- We recommend World Education Services, Inc. for evaluation and University Language Services for translation.
- Note that translated and evaluated official final transcripts are also required for enrollment.
4. Submit official standardized test scores.* All non-U.S. citizen applicants are required to submit at least one of the following:
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- American College Testing Program (ACT)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (recommended scores: 550 for paper; 80 for online)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (recommended score: 6)
5. Financial aid is available for international students, and eligibility for that aid is determined by the financial information you provide on the Financial Responsibility Form.
6. Expect a decision within two weeks once all requested paperwork has been received.
Wingate University is operated on a non-discriminatory basis. There is no discrimination on grounds of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service in Wingate University’s administration of educational policies, programs, activities or services; admissions and housing policies; scholarship or loan programs; or employment. An exception may occur only when appropriate and allowed by law.