Stay Safe at Wingate
Fall 2021 at Wingate - many happy returns
Many happy returns — that’s what we’re looking forward to at Wingate … returning students, returning employees and returning to a more traditional learning and living experience.
We expect most classes to shift back to in-person, clubs to meet face to face and fans to fill the stands to cheer on the Bulldogs. As more members of our campus community are vaccinated and the threat of COVID recedes, we look forward to rolling out the welcome mat for a festive Family Weekend and hope to see more alumni than ever return for Homecoming.
Key to all these changes will be strong vaccination levels. To this end, we urge anyone headed to campus this fall to get vaccinated now. This will minimize risk and likely eliminate quarantine time for those in proximity of a confirmed case.
As always, the safety of our students and employees remains a top priority, and we’ll continue to follow CDC and NCHHS recommendations. As you plan for your happy return to Wingate or your first-time arrival, please mark your calendars with these important dates
- New student move-in: Friday, Aug. 13 - Sunday, Aug. 15
- Returning student move-in: Monday, Aug. 16 - Wednesday, Aug. 18 (student-athletes for fall sports will hear from coaches regarding early move-in dates.)
- Convocation - Wednesday, Aug. 18
- First day of undergraduate classes - Thursday, Aug. 19
- Family Weekend - Sept. 10-11
- Homecoming - Oct. 1-2
- Fall sports schedules
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
What is expected of students in order to safeguard themselves and others.
How faculty members are delivering instruction through a combination of online and in-person methods.
- Outdoor restrictions eased 5.3.2021
- Restrictions eased; more shot clinics planned 3.26.21
- More Covid vaccinations slated next week 3.31.2021
- University receives second shipment of vaccine 3.12.2021
- University to receive limited supply of Covid-19 vaccinations 3.5.2021
- Some restrictions eased; others still in place 2.26.2021
- Covid restrictions remain as in-person classes begin 2.1.2021
- Covid Entrance Testing Locations: UPDATED 1.18.2021
- Campus Life Update 1.15.2021
- Campus Life Update 1.8.2021
- Spring 2021 Return to Campus Update and Reminders 1.4.2021