Stay Safe at Wingate
Our goal this semester is to provide a student experience that more closely resembles that of pre-pandemic years. With that in mind and as you prepare to return to campus, please note these updates regarding our fall 2021 Covid-19 protocols.
Students, faculty, staff and visitors will need to wear a face covering in all Wingate buildings until further notice.
Where face coverings are required:
- EKS Library
- Common spaces in the residence halls/apartments
- McGee Center weight room, track, courts
- Indoor meeting spaces
- Dining facilities unless seated and eating
Where face coverings are not required:
- Dining facilities while seated and eating
- Residence hall rooms with roommates only
- McGee Center when using cardio equipment
- Outdoor sporting events
The following safeguards will be in place:
- Students will be required to check in at the football stadium for entrance testing. More information to come.
- Students moving in will only be allowed to have two guests.
- Unvaccinated students, faculty and staff will be required to participate in weekly random Covid testing.
- Wear a face covering into dining facilities until you are seated, “to go” option will be available.
- Fully vaccinated teaching faculty may remove their face coverings while teaching if adequate distancing is available.
Keep in mind as we follow guidance from our local and state health officials, these safeguards are subject to change.
- Covid-19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged.
- Campus activities will resume at normal capacity (classrooms, dining areas, etc.).
- Athletics will continue to follow NCAA and CDC guidance.
- Covid-19 testing will be available to you at the Health Center if you feel sick.
- Random weekly Covid-19 testing of the campus community will remain in place.
- If you’re vaccinated, fill out this form and submit proof of vaccination documentation to the Health Center. (This information will be used to help the Health Center with contact tracing).
- You will be entered into a drawing once you provide documentation to the Health Center. Four vaccinated students will receive a gift worth up to $1000. You will be notified in mid-September if your name is drawn.
- If you are vaccinated, you will not be required to quarantine if you come in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid-19.
- If you are vaccinated and submit proof of vaccination, you are exempt from random testing.
- Unvaccinated students will be required to participate in weekly random Covid testing.
- Unvaccinated students will be required to quarantine and isolate.
- If you are unvaccinated but want to receive a vaccine, fill out this form.
Special Note for F1 Visa International Students
We know many of you may not have had access to a vaccine yet; do not worry. For those who are unvaccinated, you will have an opportunity to get vaccinated after your required 7-day quarantine (on or off campus) if you are coming from outside the US. If you are unvaccinated but want to receive a vaccine, fill out this form. Unvaccinated students who have tested positive for Covid within three months do not have to quarantine. You must submit proof of a positive test. Please make sure you complete the upcoming questionnaire from the Office of International Programs to communicate details about your vaccine status and intended arrival dates.
- What are the face-covering requirements for the fall 2021 semester?
- Do students, faculty and staff need to report whether or not they are vaccinated?
- Will you be sharing vaccination status information for students, faculty and staff?
- Will there be opportunities for students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated during the fall 2021 semester?
- How will surveillance testing be handled this semester?
- What type of surveillance testing will be done?
- What are the isolation/quarantine protocols for vaccinated and unvaccinated students?
- What should I do if I've been exposed to Covid?
- What should I do if I test positive for Covid?
As always, the safety of our students and employees remains a top priority, and we’ll continue to follow CDC and NCHHS recommendations. As you plan to return to Wingate or your first-time arrival, please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- New student move-in: Aug. 15 - 16
- Returning student move-in: Aug. 17 (student-athletes for fall sports will hear from coaches regarding early move-in dates.)
- Convocation - Wednesday, Aug. 18
- First day of undergraduate classes - Thursday, Aug. 19
- Family Weekend - Sept. 10-11
- Homecoming - Sept. 30 - Oct. 2
- Fall sports schedules