As part of the work-study employment process, students must provide documents to establish both their identity and employment authorization. Students must submit two documents.

Acceptable Documents

All documents must be current and not expired.
List A                                           OR    List B                 And List C
Documents to establish both identity and employment authorization. Documents that establish identity. Documents that establish employment authorization.
U.S. passport or U.S. passport card Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address. Social Security account number card other than one that specifies on the face of the card that the issuance of the card does not authorize employment in the United States.
Permanent Resident card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551) ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address. Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)
Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766) School ID card with a photograph Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)
In the case of a non-immigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status, a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien’s non-immigrant status, as long as the period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form. Voter’s Registration Card Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating non-immigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI. U.S. Military card or draft record Native American tribal document
  Military dependent’s ID Card U.S. Citizen ID card (Form I-197)
  U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card Identification Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
  Native American Tribal document Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security
  Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority  
  For persons under the age of 18 who are unable to present a document listed above, the following may be used:  
  School record or report card  
  Clinic, doctor or hospital record  
  Day-care or nursery school record