Drugs and alcohol disrupt the Wingate University community. Bulldogs are expected to obey the laws regarding both.
Wingate University students sign the Code of Community Standards at the beginning of each academic year:
I understand that the policies and procedures of Wingate University have been developed to ensure the safety and well-being of the Wingate University community. I pledge on my honor I will acknowledge and abide by the policies and procedures of Wingate University.
Alcohol misuse and the possession, consumption and use, and trafficking of illegal substances or paraphernalia are both considered violations of the Code of Community Standards.
As stated in the Wingate University Student Handbook, students are expected to follow local, state and federal laws regarding the use, possession and distribution of alcohol. The university defines alcohol misuse as any use which adversely impacts a student’s health or leads to inappropriate, disorderly, disruptive, disrespectful or unsafe behaviors.
Keep this in mind regarding alcohol misuse:
- Possession of excessive amounts of alcohol and common sources of alcohol are prohibited, including games and paraphernalia that promote reckless alcohol consumption.
- The public display or public consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
- Distribution of alcohol to minors is not permitted.
Illegal Substances or Paraphernalia
Keep this in mind regarding drugs on campus:
- The use, possession, distribution, sale, manufacture or transfer of illegal drugs or narcotics is prohibited. Illegal drugs are those defined as illegal under local, state, or federal laws. Illegal drugs include, but are not limited to, marijuana, heroin, hashish, cocaine, hallucinogens and depressants and stimulants other than those prescribed for current personal treatment by a licensed physician.
- Possession or use of prescription drugs that are not prescribed to the holder is prohibited.
- Possession of unlawful paraphernalia associated with the use or manufacture of illegal substances, prescription drugs or any controlled substance for any purpose is prohibited.
Please refer to the Wingate University Student Handbook for more information regarding the drug and alcohol policy. It addresses violations related to the misuse of alcohol and the possession of illegal drugs.
We Offer Support
Please contact Campus Life if you have questions about drugs and alcohol on campus.