Located in the Clubhouse, the Health Center treats all full-time students on the main campus. We believe in promoting health and wellness by encouraging students, faculty and staff to make their well-being a priority. We’re here to help when you need us. Our professional staff includes:
- Two Nurse Practitioners (full-time)
- Physician (part-time)
- Registered nurse
- Certified medical assistant
- Certified nursing assistant
Health Center hours: Monday – Friday 8am-4pm.
Ways to make an appointment
- Online: schedule an appointment
- Phone: Call 704-233-8102 during business hours
- Walk-ins: accepted upon availability (scheduled appointments preferred)
Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our appointments are tightly scheduled, so if you are late, the next patient may be seen ahead of you.
You can visit the Health Center for routine sick visits without paying any fees since these are included in your tuition. Keep in mind that certain Health Center services do require a fee.
In case of an emergency, Wingate University students should call 911 or go to CMC-Union Hospital. You are responsible for payment when you are seen at the hospital or referred off campus for treatment or follow-up care.
For students enrolled in the Wingate-sponsored health plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS), free access to a licensed provider is available after hours and on weekends. This service offers access to a provider (ie: Skype or face time) who can:
- answer general health questions
- assess new symptoms
- call in prescriptions to a local pharmacy
- diagnose health problems
- recommend treatment options
- refer you for emergency treatment or follow-up care
Other after-hours options:
- Minute Clinic (inside CVS-Hilltop)
- 625 E Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28112 (704-289-8513)
- Carolinas Healthcare System Urgent Care-Monroe
- 613 E Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28112 (704-283-8193)
- FastMed Urgent Care
- 242-A W Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28110 (707-220-1904)
The Health Center complies with federal and state laws regarding the confidentiality and security of medical records, including HIPAA. No information concerning a patient’s health or health records will be disclosed without authorization.
We want you to consider us your trusted partner in health. Remember to schedule an appointment if you need services provided by the Health Center. If you have general health-related questions, stop by to see us in the Clubhouse or email the Health Center.