Flu prevention starts with knowing how the flu is spread.
The flu is highly contagious. It can be spread from person to person through droplets by:
- Touching an object that someone with the flu has recently touched
Should I Go To Class or Work?
You should not go to class or work if you have the flu. Please make an appointment to be seen in the Health Center if you have the following symptoms:
- Aches (Muscle, body or head aches)
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
You should return to class or work when you are fever-free for 24 hours without fever-suppressing medication.
Tips for Flu Prevention
Prevent the spread of the flu on campus by getting a flu shot from the Health Center. Stay healthy by:
- Covering your nose or mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Not touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Staying home or in your room when you’re sick
- Washing your hands often with alcohol-based cleaners
If you have any concerns about the flu, feel free to stop by the Health Center, located in the Clubhouse, or email the Health Center.